Your kayak does definitely cost a considerable amount of money. Therefore, there is every need for you to have a reliable transportation method. And it goes without saying that a high-quality kayak roof rack is what you need for your out-of-doors kayaking adventures.
There are many kinds of roof racks, and you have to be careful not to buy basic barracks. Such racks will require personal improvements in order to keep your kayak safe from scratches and wear. And this is why we prepared this guide to help you find the ideal product.
In this guide, we have prepared seven best kayak roof rack reviews. We picked these products based on their excellent design qualities and reputation among other product qualities. These racks come highly recommended by users; you can buy them right now.
- Custom designed bolts for added security and easier installation
- Steel design with adjustable padding for carrying strength and kayak protection
- Wide mouth J bar offers easier loading and unloading
- Heavy Duty Securing Ratchet Straps tight on your kayak, Canoe, 16 Ft long (2 Pack), 2200 Lbs Tested, easy and safe for your transport. Ratchet Kayak and Canoe Bow and Stern Tie Down Straps Adjustable Rope Hanger (1/4" x 10', 2 pcs, 300 LBS/Pair)
- 1 Set Universal Kayak Canoe Car Top Carrier Racks. The crossbars shown in the pictures are not included.
If you are looking for a device to haul your kayak safely and securely on your car, you should look no further than the Malone J-downloader. It is a J-style kayak carrier that features a built-in ramp for effortless loading and unloading of your kayak.
It incorporated with a J-cradle that is adjustable, providing safe and stable transportation for a wide range of kayak sizes and style. Its universal mounting blocks and t-knob bolts are designed to fit most factory cross rails, which provide you with easy tool-free installation.
When not in use you can easily fold down the cradle arms for low clearance. It features an E-coated corrosion-resistant aluminum housing, making it strong. It also comprises of a rubber padding that is fully synthetic and holds the kayak safely and firmly.
Verdict: The Malone Downloader Kayak Roof Rack takes the first spot in our ranking primarily because of its quality features and superior performance.
- Completely Assembled with all mounting hardware provided
- Large knobs for easy tighting and loosening
- Come with 2 different sets of bottom mounting plates one curved and one straight (flat), depending on your need.
- Folded racks are approximately 6-1/2
- Our racks will accept kayaks up to 3 feet wide and weighing up to 100 pounds.
The PACK’EM Kayak Roof Rack is a competitively priced carry system that is worth its price, due to its quality features. It has a large J-style design for easy and fast loading and unloading. The racks are designed to fold down in order for them not to be removed.
They are also foldable to ensure that they do not hit on things like fully opened garage doors. It is incorporated with various mounting hardware that allow you to quickly adjust the straps, making transportation safe.
The rack features a heavy-duty steel design that is painted to avoid rusting. The surface is padded, keeping your kayak protected and durable. It has a standard design that allow for easy mounting to various load bars or luggage racks on vehicles.
It is also engineered to be able to transport kayaks on the side, making it efficient, able to save space and provide room for more items.
Verdict: If you are after simplicity and ergonomics at a fair price range, then the PACK’EM Kayak Roof Rack is your best choice.
- Robust capacity - perfect for sit-on-tops, singles, tandems or whatever your "yak" of choice
- High strength powder coated steel construction for superior boat security year after year, season after season
- Foam pads cradle and protect your watercraft during transport
- Universal hardware works with ROLA and most other crossbars
- Premium heavy-duty straps and bow/stern tie-downs
The ROLA Kayak Roof Rack is among the top kayak carry systems in the market, because it is manufactured by a well-known company in the world. It is integrated with a remarkable capacity that is best suited for sit on tops, tandems and singles.
The rack features long-lasting straps and bow tie down that maximize the rack’s staying power. The straps offer you confidence when using the carrier. So, you do not have to worry about your cargo.
The rack has a housing that is made of high strength powder, which is coated with steel.
This construction is rust resistant, making it secure, able to last for long and less prone to damages. It incorporates foam pads that support and offer safety to the watercraft during use. Also, features universal hardware that works with a wide range of crossbars.
Verdict: The ROLA 59912 Kayak Carrier is compatible with universal hardware among other crossbars and it comes with a customer-friendly price range.
- KAYAK CAR TOP CARRIER A simple, low-cost solution to carrying your...
- SECURITY FEATURES:in order to ensure that customers have a good trip...
- FEATURES: Steel design with adjustable padding for carrying strength...
- EASY INSTALLATION:Mounting hardware design USES 2 PCS, equipped with...
- The Amazon default warranty is 30 days, but we can offer 60 days
The Yakima HullRaiser rooftop kayak rack is described as a no-fuss rooftop carrier that is sturdy and lightweight. It features an aluminum construction that provides security for your kayak and also makes it durable.
It comprises of foam padding that provides you with more comfort and makes your car look nice. The rack features durable straps, bow/stern tie-downs and coated metal buckle to protect your vehicle.
It is integrated with a universal hardware that is able to fit square, round, factory and aerodynamic crossbars. It props up the kayak on its side creating more space on the crossbar for other gears.
Upon delivery you receive everything you require to haul. The Yakima HullRaiser rooftop kayak rack has the capacity to support one kayak per pair.
Verdict: Yakima is among the world-class rooftop kayak rack manufacturers, and they have proven their ingenuity with the production of the HullRaiser model.
- DIMENSIONS: 20"L x 5.5"W x 16"H inches
- UNIVERSAL FIT: Our kayak carrier will fit most automobiles that have a...
- DURABLE DESIGN: Constructed from sturdy steel to hold heavier boats -...
- 2 PACK: Dual mounts safely hold one (1) kayak - Features two (2)...
- GUARANTEE: Includes a one (1) year limited warranty.
The booster BG008B-1P universal kayak roof rack is among the best in the market. It features 1.5mm thick steel tube that makes it strong and able to hold 36 inches wide and holds up to 150lbs kayaks.
It has a durable weather resistant paint allowing it to be used in all weather conditions. It features a foam padding and rubber base cover that protects your vehicle and makes it comfy. It incorporates of a tubing design with strong and stable pre-punched holes that provide you with perfect alignment.
The BG008B-1P universal kayak roof rack is the best to purchase and it is worth the price. It offers you confidence when using it with no need of worrying about it getting damaged easily. You will hardly regret buying this kayak roof rack.
Verdict: The Booster BG008B Kayak Roof Rack is your best bet, if you are after quality features, but you have a limited budget.
- Folds down when not in use for better aerodynamics and easier access...
- Multiple settings with cam-lever operation allow you to carry one boat...
- Integrated ramp system makes it painless to load your boat
- Tool-free install to round, square, factory or aerodynamic bars with...
- Includes anti-rotation adapter for round bars
The Yakima JayLow folding rooftop kayak rack is known for its multiple settings. It features upright arms that comprise of integrated cam levers for stabilizing the kayak. Its 2 folding and J-style cradles allows you to transport your kayak on crossbars.
The kayak is able to sit on the side in order for it to create space for additional luggage. It incorporates of in-built ramps that makes loading and unloading easier. It is made up of padded bases and arms that protects your kayak and keeps it free from scratch or other damages.
It features a lightweight design that is made up of aluminum silver powder coat finish that is corrosion resistant. It does not require tools for installation since it is simple and clamps on most crossbars.
Verdict: This is another great Yakima Rooftop Kayak Rack with remarkable features and manageable design flaws.
The 2 pair universal canoe car top mount carrier roof rack is a unique kayak carrier that fits on most types of crossbars and load bars in the market. It mainly, secures the kayak on the side, which allows you to save space that can be used to carry additional items.
It is made of a durable steel housing that makes the rack strong and hard-wearing. For added durability, it is integrated with a rust-resistance coated surface. This surface also allows you to use the rack in various weather conditions without worrying about it getting damaged.
It comprises of a wide mouth J bar that allows you to easily and quickly load and unload your kayak. It has the capacity to accommodate kayaks of up to 36 inches and 165lbs.
Verdict: This SUV VAN J-bar offers you quality performance at an affordable price range that will fit the budget. But, you should expect a few manageable design problems.
The Wrap Up
We have reached the end of our best kayak roof rack reviews. By now, you should have found at least one product that meets your expectations, as far as your budget and performance are concerned. Our top picks come highly recommended by users in today’s market.
We strongly urge you not to rely on the kayak roof racks that come as standard equipment on most outdoor automobiles. Instead, you should consider purchasing a professional-grade roof rack system that will actually protect your kayak from damage.